Spring man accused of enticing Minnesota girl online
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- A Spring man faces federal charges accused of trying to entice a nine-year-old Minnesota girl online.
Investigators say 33-year-old Steve Correa-Franco posed as a 16-year-old on the website Kidzworld and began chatting with the girl. The child's father called police when he became suspicious of the communication.
Investigators discovered explicit messages between the two and were able to trace Correa-Franco through his email address.
A search of Correao-Franco's Spring home uncovered child pornography, including a picture of the nine-year-old girl. He's being held without bond and could face up to 20 years behind bars if convicted.
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan
- Houston's cardinal to attend pope's...
19 min ago