Spring man accused of enticing Minnesota girl online
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- A Spring man faces federal charges accused of trying to entice a nine-year-old Minnesota girl online.
Investigators say 33-year-old Steve Correa-Franco posed as a 16-year-old on the website Kidzworld and began chatting with the girl. The child's father called police when he became suspicious of the communication.
Investigators discovered explicit messages between the two and were able to trace Correa-Franco through his email address.
A search of Correao-Franco's Spring home uncovered child pornography, including a picture of the nine-year-old girl. He's being held without bond and could face up to 20 years behind bars if convicted.
- Outlet mall shoppers get scare on Sunday
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring 17 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old 34 min ago
- Last words from missing jet came after systems shutdown 29 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds