Spring man accused of enticing Minnesota girl online
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- A Spring man faces federal charges accused of trying to entice a nine-year-old Minnesota girl online.
Investigators say 33-year-old Steve Correa-Franco posed as a 16-year-old on the website Kidzworld and began chatting with the girl. The child's father called police when he became suspicious of the communication.
Investigators discovered explicit messages between the two and were able to trace Correa-Franco through his email address.
A search of Correao-Franco's Spring home uncovered child pornography, including a picture of the nine-year-old girl. He's being held without bond and could face up to 20 years behind bars if convicted.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 24 min ago
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades 26 min ago
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Firefighters battle blaze at Katy Taco Bell 28 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell 3 min ago
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 7 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 59 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field 1 min ago
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Video: Flu widespread in Harris County 6 min ago
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- Flu widespread in Harris County
6 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos