Deputies: Boy, 11, nearly abducted at Montgomery Co. bus stop
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- Montgomery County investigators are turning to the public as they look into a claim of an attempted abduction. A Conroe ISD student says he was waiting at a bus stop when two men tried to take him.
The alleged encounter happened Monday morning along County West Drive in the Grangerland area.
Investigators already have combed through the area, trying to find out who would try to kidnap 11-year-old Ricardo Meza.
"Two guys pulled up whenever I was alone," Ricardo told us.
Ricardo was waiting at his bus stop on Monday morning when he says a gray Toyota hopped a curb and came right at him.
"They pulled up and told me to get into the car and I said no, and whenever I went to run, my backpack swung forward and the passenger punched me in the back," he said.
Ricardo says he first tried to run home.
"They said that they know where I lived," he said.
So Ricardo ran two miles away, to the Subway restaurant where his mother, Wanda Meza, works.
"He was crying hysterically and I was calming him down," she said.
Montgomery County deputies haven't been able to find or even identify any suspects.
Now this mother is asking for your help finding those responsible.
"You expect them to be safe, going to walk to the school bus or doing anything," she said. "This could be any one of our children, you know, not just mine."
Ricardo was not injured during the incident, but he is still shaken up from it.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked contact the Montgomery Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Office at 936-760-5876.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 46 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching 54 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
30 min ago