Deputies: Kids found near drugs, guns after murder
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe couple is facing charges after a neighbor was shot to death, and their young children were allegedly found near guns and drugs.
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to a home in the 16900 block of West Hammon, just west of Conroe around 5pm Thursday. Deputies arrived found Marcus "Dale" Fisher, 51, had been shot and killed, reportedly by a neighbor. Jaime Ryan Devita, 33, was arrested at the shooting scene for murder.
Deputies say Fisher arrived on his motorcycle at a nearby residence of Devita to visit friends. Fisher was reportedly confronted in the street by Devita, and during an argument was hit with a fatal shotgun blast to the chest.
Witnesses told deputies that Devita's wife and children had been seen just before the shooting, but now could not be found. When deputies entered the Devitas' home, they found the wife and children hiding. Inside the residence deputies say they discovered an indoor marijuana grow operation and guns within easy reach of the children, ages two and four.
April Nicole Devita, 30, was arrested and taken to jail for endangering a child. The children were released to Children's Protective Services.
The investigation continued into the night by crime scene, homicide and narcotic investigators. Additional charges are possible.
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 56 min ago
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?