Plane upside down after landing in Brazoria County
BRAZORIA COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- A pilot somehow avoided injury after his plane landed upside-down in a field in Brazoria County on Friday.
It happened around 3pm. According to DPS, the pilot reported engine trouble and tried to land the Cessna in a field near Highway 6 and FM 521. The plane flipped after it touched down. The pilot was not injured.
Houston Southwest airport is about two miles to the southwest of where the plane ended up. That may have been from where the pilot took off. We'll continue to follow this story and bring you any new information.
- Severe weather possible this morning
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 8 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 32 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 19 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 1 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 7 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 37 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- METRO hosting North Line grand opening party
15 min ago
- ISS spacewalk: What are they doing up there?
2 min ago