Police: Man injured in shootout between rival gangs
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say rival gang members were involved in a shootout in southwest Houston overnight, and officers were left investigating two different crime scenes.
The bullets started to fly on Fondren and Bissonnet just before 10pm, but officers found a man with a gunshot wound to the head at Beechnut and the Southwest Freeway.
Police believe the victim's friend was attempting to take him to the hospital, but their SUV was filled with bullet holes and broke down in front of a gas station.
At last check, the man with the gunshot wound to the head was still alive.
Police have not arrested any suspects.
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 6 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Six UH students reportedly robbed at gunpoint in dorm 15 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 33 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
2 min ago