Police: Man injured in shootout between rival gangs
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say rival gang members were involved in a shootout in southwest Houston overnight, and officers were left investigating two different crime scenes.
The bullets started to fly on Fondren and Bissonnet just before 10pm, but officers found a man with a gunshot wound to the head at Beechnut and the Southwest Freeway.
Police believe the victim's friend was attempting to take him to the hospital, but their SUV was filled with bullet holes and broke down in front of a gas station.
At last check, the man with the gunshot wound to the head was still alive.
Police have not arrested any suspects.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston