18-wheeler accident shuts down I-10 WB lanes at Houston Ave.for hours
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- All westbound lanes of I-10 near Houston Avenue were closed for hours early this morning due to a jack-knifed 18-wheeler.
The accident happened around 2:30am. The big rig's diesel tanks popped and spilled fuel all over the roadway. Emergency crews took several hours to clean it up.
There's no word of any injuries or what caused the accident.
There was also an unrelated wreck at the I-10 and I-45 split that has since cleared, as well.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Man accused of impersonating cop in Harris Co. robbery 3 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 7 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 59 min ago
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
29 min ago
- Consumer Reports Naughty and Nice list
57 min ago