18-wheeler accident shuts down I-10 WB lanes at Houston Ave.for hours
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- All westbound lanes of I-10 near Houston Avenue were closed for hours early this morning due to a jack-knifed 18-wheeler.
The accident happened around 2:30am. The big rig's diesel tanks popped and spilled fuel all over the roadway. Emergency crews took several hours to clean it up.
There's no word of any injuries or what caused the accident.
There was also an unrelated wreck at the I-10 and I-45 split that has since cleared, as well.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Police use spikes to end chase in southwest Houston 14 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 8 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes
- Car fire breaks out at high-rise parking lot 32 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes