Family pleads for justice in man's fatal shooting outside nightclub
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are gathering new evidence that could help capture a nightclub shooting suspect who is still on the run.
Family members say the 21-year-old victim, Timothy Powell, was caught in the crossfire as a shooting broke out at the Le Cave nightclub in northwest Harris County early Sunday morning. And now his grieving family just wants justice.
"He was the light of whatever environment he came into," said his mother, Theresa Giles.
She says Powell was her only son and he was becoming an increasingly popular dancer and choreographer across the entertainment industry.
Deputies say Powell was among the 600 patrons packing the after-hours spot Le Cave when chaos broke out between bouncers and five people they kicked out of the club for fighting. One of those men returned to the parking lot and began shooting at the bouncers before running off. Four people were injured. Powell was killed.
"At this point I feel that a part of me is just, is just gone," Giles told us.
With the gunman still on the run, deputies have been busy reviewing surveillance cameras in and around the nightclub. They're expected to release images of the shooting suspect. And the victim's family has an emotional plea to the public.
"If someone knows of anything any witnesses, leads, if they could please go forward and let someone know," Giles said.
A candlelight vigil for Timothy Powell is scheduled for 6pm Monday in the parking lot outside of a different club, Night Moves, on FM 1960.
Investigators are urging anyone with information about the shooting or the gunman to call the Harris County Sheriff's Office or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
local, demond fernandez
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar 49 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Arctic air settles in
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 41 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store 40 min ago
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- Ford unveils all-new Mustang 37 min ago
- Video: Beer is for more than just drinking! 52 min ago
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Holiday season brings fire danger
36 min ago