Two pit bulls rescued from burning home in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A neighbor helped save two pit bulls overnight from a burning home in northwest Houston.
The home on Joe Louis and Wilburforce caught fire just after 3am. The family who lives there was not home at the time, but their three dogs were. They all made it out safely.
"There were three dogs in the house. One of them actually hunkered down in one of the back room and survived," said District Chief Kevin Carley with the Houston Fire Department. "The neighbor was able to get the other two dogs out."
Firefighters are not sure what started the fire.
The house is considered a total loss. No one was hurt.
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 28 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 6 min ago
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat