Visitor killed, homeowner injured in double stabbing in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is dead after being stabbed inside a house in southeast Houston overnight.
It happened around midnight at a home on Beldart near Northdale. Police say one man was stabbed to death and was found in a bedroom of the residence. He was visiting the homeowner, who was also stabbed multiple times and sent to the hospital. Here's how police believe this began.
"We have a homeowner who had two guests over at his house. Some kind of an altercation occurred between the homeowner and one of the people visiting," said Sgt. Thomas Biggs with the Houston Police Department.
The man on the run, police say, stabbed the other guest and the homeowner.
Authorities say someone went across the street to ask for help. Police recovered a knife at the scene.
The victim hasn't been identified.
local, elissa rivas
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 15 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 13 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 12 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes