Deputy-involved shooting under investigation
DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- A Liberty County Sheriff's deputy shot a man who reportedly answered the door with a gun in his hand.
It happened at a home just off 321 about eight or nine miles north of Dayton.
Deputies say it started when a man shot a neighbor's dog that had come on to his property. When deputies went to go talk to that homeowner, they say he answered the door armed with a gun. The deputy reportedly felt threatened, drew his weapon and fired while retreating.
The homeowner was hit once in the chest and taken to the hospital. It's unknown if he fired at the deputy, but no deputies were hurt. An investigation into the incident is underway.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 39 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 34 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 42 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born