Deputy-involved shooting under investigation
DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- A Liberty County Sheriff's deputy shot a man who reportedly answered the door with a gun in his hand.
It happened at a home just off 321 about eight or nine miles north of Dayton.
Deputies say it started when a man shot a neighbor's dog that had come on to his property. When deputies went to go talk to that homeowner, they say he answered the door armed with a gun. The deputy reportedly felt threatened, drew his weapon and fired while retreating.
The homeowner was hit once in the chest and taken to the hospital. It's unknown if he fired at the deputy, but no deputies were hurt. An investigation into the incident is underway.
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight 49 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps 43 min ago
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue