Wife of Richmond Mayor Hilmar Moore, who died last week, will serve out remainder of his term
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update on the passing of a man believed to be the nation's longest serving mayor. We now know who will be replacing the late Richmond Mayor Hilmar Moore.
City commissioners say Moore's widow, Evelyn, has agreed to serve the remainder of his term.
Mayor Moore passed away last week. He was first elected to office in 1949, and held that office for an unprecedented 63 years.
Evelyn Moore will be sworn in Monday at Richmond City Hall.
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 40 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges 54 min ago
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far? 50 min ago
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 23 min ago
- Minute Maid Park vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom 28 min ago
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life 6 min ago
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved