Wife of Richmond Mayor Hilmar Moore, who died last week, will serve out remainder of his term
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update on the passing of a man believed to be the nation's longest serving mayor. We now know who will be replacing the late Richmond Mayor Hilmar Moore.
City commissioners say Moore's widow, Evelyn, has agreed to serve the remainder of his term.
Mayor Moore passed away last week. He was first elected to office in 1949, and held that office for an unprecedented 63 years.
Evelyn Moore will be sworn in Monday at Richmond City Hall.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 11 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd