Business owner shoots burglary suspect near Porter
PORTER, TX (KTRK) -- A suspected burglar is in the hospital, shot when a business owner allegedly caught him in the act. It happened just after midnight at a business along FM 1314 at Little Oak, near Porter in Montgomery Country.
According to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, a property owner got a call from his alarm company that alerted him to trouble on his old business that he now uses for storage.
The property owner and his brother arrived to find someone had cut through a six-foot chain link fence and was inside their building.
The man and his brother held the intruder at gunpoint and called 911 to report a theft in progress when the real trouble started.
"There was a confrontation between the intruder and the person who owns the property," said Sgt. Dan Zientek with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. "During the confrontation, he fired and shot the intruder."
The intruder was shot in the lower abdomen. The 41-year-old suspect was taken by ambulance to Ben Taub Hospital and is expected to survive.
After completion of the investigation, the incident will be referred to the District Attorney's Office for review. The suspect may face burglary charges.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat