Business owner shoots burglary suspect near Porter
PORTER, TX (KTRK) -- A suspected burglar is in the hospital, shot when a business owner allegedly caught him in the act. It happened just after midnight at a business along FM 1314 at Little Oak, near Porter in Montgomery Country.
According to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, a property owner got a call from his alarm company that alerted him to trouble on his old business that he now uses for storage.
The property owner and his brother arrived to find someone had cut through a six-foot chain link fence and was inside their building.
The man and his brother held the intruder at gunpoint and called 911 to report a theft in progress when the real trouble started.
"There was a confrontation between the intruder and the person who owns the property," said Sgt. Dan Zientek with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. "During the confrontation, he fired and shot the intruder."
The intruder was shot in the lower abdomen. The 41-year-old suspect was taken by ambulance to Ben Taub Hospital and is expected to survive.
After completion of the investigation, the incident will be referred to the District Attorney's Office for review. The suspect may face burglary charges.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court 33 min ago
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms 7 min ago
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston 7 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Justin Bieber gets booed at Billboard Music Awards
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- HISD security officer goes before judge today
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos