Westbound lanes of South Loop at Telephone Rd reopen hours after fatal accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities have reopened I-610 South Loop at Telephone Road after a fatal accident involving a child forced crews to shut it down.
The wreck happened around 2pm on the westbound lanes of I-610 South Loop at Telephone Road.
Authorities had shut down all main lanes and the entrance ramp to the highway and expected the closure to last through rush hour as they tended to the scene.
But crews managed to get it cleared sooner and the higwhay was reopened shortly before 5:30pm.
SkyEye HD aerials show an overturned vehicle on the highway. We're told a little girl around the age of 3 was ejected from the vehicle and died, but no details were immediately available about the wreck.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 26 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 18 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash 14 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records