Westbound lanes of South Loop at Telephone Rd reopen hours after fatal accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities have reopened I-610 South Loop at Telephone Road after a fatal accident involving a child forced crews to shut it down.
The wreck happened around 2pm on the westbound lanes of I-610 South Loop at Telephone Road.
Authorities had shut down all main lanes and the entrance ramp to the highway and expected the closure to last through rush hour as they tended to the scene.
But crews managed to get it cleared sooner and the higwhay was reopened shortly before 5:30pm.
SkyEye HD aerials show an overturned vehicle on the highway. We're told a little girl around the age of 3 was ejected from the vehicle and died, but no details were immediately available about the wreck.
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 57 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies 14 min ago
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah