Suspect charged in fatal shooting of innocent bystander outside nightclub
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect has been charged with murder for a shooting that killed an innocent bystander.
Police say they received several tips identifying a man in braids in surveillance pictures as 19-year-old Henry Dorsey. He is not in custody yet.
According to court documents, Dorsey opened fire during a fight with the bouncers at Club Le Cave in northwest Harris County on Sunday. Timothy Powell, who was not involved in the fight, was killed.
Dorsey has previous convictions for evading police and assault
Investigators are urging anyone with information about the whereabouts of Dorsey to call the Harris County Sheriff's Office or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Harris County has filed a nuisance lawsuit against Club Le Cave. According to the lawsuit, the shooting is just the latest in more than 60 crimes that have occurred at the club since April of last year. Those crimes include assault, robbery and drug possession.
The suit alleges the club's owner, Victoria Gonzalez, has done nothing to stop the activity.
The county wants a judge to require the club to pay bond and stop allowing nuisance activities. If the club violates its bond, it could be shut down.
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 27 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child 9 min ago
- Harris Co. GOP sues Houston over same-sex benefits
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Suit: Fire risk known before ship sailed from Galveston 9 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 21 min ago
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Houston hotel displays half-ton chocolate Santa 39 min ago
- 800 firefighters battle late fall fire in Big Sur 49 min ago
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final
- DA tries again to put 'affluenza' teen behind bars
- Tougher new rules for game rooms