Ambulance joyride ends with woman's arrest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A joyride in an ambulance ended with a 26-year-old woman behind bars this morning.
Police said the woman stole a Houston Fire Department ambulance just after 10pm and took it for a ride, seconds after paramedics dropped off a patient at St. Joseph's Hospital.
According to investigators, EMS workers transported a patient to St. Joseph's, but when they returned to the ambulance, it was gone.
Another ambulance found the stolen emergency vehicle nearly 45 minutes later on Pierce near Hutchins.
Police believe the woman was under the influence of drugs when she allegedly stole the ambulance. Officials said the vehicle wasn't damaged.
The woman was taken into custody and faces charges of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 10 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital