Texans fans swarm stores to grab up 'AFC South Division Champions' gear
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Fans aren't wasting any time updating their Houston Texans wardrobe to reflect the AFC South Division Championship the team clinched Sunday.
Fans started lining up at an Academy store on Kirby just minutes after the game ended, and the store was ready with a table full of T-shirts reading "AFC South Division Champions."
One woman says she even left her godson's college graduation to make sure she got a shirt.
"My husband is texting me, 'Please go get me a shirt from Academy,'" she said. "So I had to leave the graduation and come and get him a shirt because he is the Texans' number one fan."
The shirts are in gray and white and are available for men, women and children. If you don't want to wait in line, they are also on sale online.
Fans across the area were celebrating the Texans' victory Sunday night. Those we spoke to were dreaming of what the future could have in store, but were also realistic about the challenges that lie ahead for the team.
"Beat the next teams and go to the playoffs," fan Randy Grimaldo said when we asked what is next for the Texans. "We have the division. I'm ready for the Super Bowl."
"A little disappointed our offense scored one touchdown," fan Jimmy Kilduff said. "Special teams scored one then five field goals. That's not championship football but we'll get it together."
And at the Texans Grille, you never know who you might run into. Player Johnathan Joseph was there Sunday night, surrounded by his friends and family post-victory.
"Obviously, I have friends and family in town -- my family and my wife's side," Joseph said. "It's great to have that support from them as well as the fans in the city."
houston texans, nfl, local
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 21 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat 57 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 18 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 37 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student 53 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire