Two sought in Katy-area Walmart robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are trying to find a pair of suspects who walked out of a Walmart with two TVs under a blanket.
At about 10am Friday, November 30, Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to the scene of a robbery at the Walmart Supercenter, located in the 5600 block of State 99 at Bellaire.
Two suspects placed two flat-screen televisions into a cart, covered them with a blanket and walked out of the building with them. After loading the TVs into a black Chevrolet vehicle, the suspects began to leave the parking lot. When a store associate tried to obtain the license plate and vehicle description, the subjects drove up beside him and one suspect exited the vehicle and attacked the associate with his fists. He knocked the associate to the ground, got back into the vehicle and the suspects fled the scene.
Investigators say they have identified the suspect who attacked the associate as Dytedric Fortune, 19, of Houston. Detectives are seeking information on Fortune's location. He is believed to be in the Houston area.
The second suspect has not been identified. He is described as a black male between the ages of 18 and 25. He is estimated to be between 5-feet, 9-inches to 6-feet in height, has a medium build and has long braided hair. He was wearing an orange Texas Longhorn sweatshirt.
Robbery is a second degree felony offense, which carries a sentence range of 2 to 20 years with a fine up to $10,000.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspects involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000. Call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org. All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 32 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 59 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects