Police investigating fatal shooting near TSU campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An intruder was fatally shot by an apartment complex resident near the Texas Southern University campus last night, say police.
It happened around 8:30pm on Wentworth and Ennis in Houston's Third Ward. Police say a man, who is a TSU student, was in an apartment complex with his girlfriend and two-year-old child when he heard a loud noise outside.
When he went to check it out, an armed man forced his way into the apartment.
"They heard a loud commotion from the back of the apartment,' said Officer Christopher Hassig with the Houston Police Department. "He wasn't entirely certain if it was a window or a door. He went to investigate and the suspect pushed his way in."
The resident shot and killed the intruder. Police say it does not appear the two knew each other.
The resident was taken downtown to be questioned. It's unclear at this time if he will be charged.
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 15 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 4 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 32 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 25 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
25 min ago