Police investigating fatal shooting near TSU campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An intruder was fatally shot by an apartment complex resident near the Texas Southern University campus last night, say police.
It happened around 8:30pm on Wentworth and Ennis in Houston's Third Ward. Police say a man, who is a TSU student, was in an apartment complex with his girlfriend and two-year-old child when he heard a loud noise outside.
When he went to check it out, an armed man forced his way into the apartment.
"They heard a loud commotion from the back of the apartment,' said Officer Christopher Hassig with the Houston Police Department. "He wasn't entirely certain if it was a window or a door. He went to investigate and the suspect pushed his way in."
The resident shot and killed the intruder. Police say it does not appear the two knew each other.
The resident was taken downtown to be questioned. It's unclear at this time if he will be charged.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak