Fire under investigation at Freeport plant
FREEPORT, TX (KTRK) -- A loud noice and fire -- inititally thought to be an explosion -- at the Dow Chemical Plant in Freeport is now under investigation.
It happened around 7pm Friday. The exact cause remains under investigation, but officials tell us something caused a safety release to deploy, which caused a loud noise.
There was no explosion, but there was a brief fire.
Freeport City Manger Jeff Pynes said there were no injuries reported and no danger to the community.
Officials said the resulting fire was contained and the incident was over in about an hour.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail