Motel clerk shoots robbery suspect in east Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The clerk at a motel off the East Freeway turned the tables on a would-be robber.
It was just before midnight when that armed robber walked into the Interstate Motor Lodge off the East Freeway near Uvalde. But the clerk at the motel had his own gun and shot the armed robber. The suspect then tried to run away, leaving a blood trail.
The suspect has not been caught yet. Police say they are waiting for him to show up at a hospital for treatment.
As for the clerk, police haven't said if he'll face charges.
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle