Alleged shoplifter grabs baby and flees to avoid arrest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In Montgomery County, deputy constables say they were trying to arrest shoplifters when one of them grabbed a 6-month-old baby and ran.
Deputy constables say a group of six men and women stole $2,500 worth of merchandise from a Walmart and other stores. Five suspects were arrested at the Walmart, including a woman who had been watching the baby.
"She was watching the infant inside the vehicle when the suspects came out of the store. They were telling her to take off, She didn't drive off because employees from Walmart were telling her to stay. At that time, one of the suspects grabbed the infant and took off running," said Chief Deputy Barry Welch with the Montgomery Co. Precinct 4 Constable's Office.
The suspect and child were found at a home in Patton Village. The man was not the child's father and will probably face kidnapping charges
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse 37 min ago
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever 36 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos