Alleged shoplifter grabs baby and flees to avoid arrest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In Montgomery County, deputy constables say they were trying to arrest shoplifters when one of them grabbed a 6-month-old baby and ran.
Deputy constables say a group of six men and women stole $2,500 worth of merchandise from a Walmart and other stores. Five suspects were arrested at the Walmart, including a woman who had been watching the baby.
"She was watching the infant inside the vehicle when the suspects came out of the store. They were telling her to take off, She didn't drive off because employees from Walmart were telling her to stay. At that time, one of the suspects grabbed the infant and took off running," said Chief Deputy Barry Welch with the Montgomery Co. Precinct 4 Constable's Office.
The suspect and child were found at a home in Patton Village. The man was not the child's father and will probably face kidnapping charges
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Coach accused of tattooing a minor 38 min ago
- 200lb generator stolen from man's driveway 58 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak