Alleged shoplifter grabs baby and flees to avoid arrest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- In Montgomery County, deputy constables say they were trying to arrest shoplifters when one of them grabbed a 6-month-old baby and ran.
Deputy constables say a group of six men and women stole $2,500 worth of merchandise from a Walmart and other stores. Five suspects were arrested at the Walmart, including a woman who had been watching the baby.
"She was watching the infant inside the vehicle when the suspects came out of the store. They were telling her to take off, She didn't drive off because employees from Walmart were telling her to stay. At that time, one of the suspects grabbed the infant and took off running," said Chief Deputy Barry Welch with the Montgomery Co. Precinct 4 Constable's Office.
The suspect and child were found at a home in Patton Village. The man was not the child's father and will probably face kidnapping charges
- Homeowner shoots intruder in NW Harris County
- HISD meet to discuss new budget proposal
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Bicyclist hit by SUV in Walmart parking lot in NW Harris Co.
- Uncle: Aaron Hernandez had connection to murder victim
- Suspects break into Trump, parachute off building 1 min ago
- Four cars go up in flames at apartment complex parking lot 20 min ago
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos