Man accused in road rage shooting death of woman faces judge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The man accused in a deadly case of road rage made his first appearance in court this morning.
Mark Trevino, 20, is charged with murder. His bond was set at $75,000. Court documents say Trevino was driving in southwest Harris County early Thursday morning when he got into an argument with another driver.
Investigators say he followed the driver to a house where he opened fire on the vehicle, killing the driver's wife, Veronica Soto. Trevino claims the victim's husband pulled a gun on him first, so he went home, got his rifle and returned to the scene where he saw his brother charging the victim's husband.
Trevino alleges he opened fire on the vehicle to protect his brother.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court 56 min ago
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary 25 min ago
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston 1 min ago
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston 1 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston 51 min ago
- HISD security officer goes before judge today 1 min ago
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident 46 min ago
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
- Tornadoes level homes in Okla., 21 injured
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos