Man accused in road rage shooting death of woman faces judge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The man accused in a deadly case of road rage made his first appearance in court this morning.
Mark Trevino, 20, is charged with murder. His bond was set at $75,000. Court documents say Trevino was driving in southwest Harris County early Thursday morning when he got into an argument with another driver.
Investigators say he followed the driver to a house where he opened fire on the vehicle, killing the driver's wife, Veronica Soto. Trevino claims the victim's husband pulled a gun on him first, so he went home, got his rifle and returned to the scene where he saw his brother charging the victim's husband.
Trevino alleges he opened fire on the vehicle to protect his brother.
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling 40 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health 37 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 12 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded