Man accused in road rage shooting death of woman faces judge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The man accused in a deadly case of road rage made his first appearance in court this morning.
Mark Trevino, 20, is charged with murder. His bond was set at $75,000. Court documents say Trevino was driving in southwest Harris County early Thursday morning when he got into an argument with another driver.
Investigators say he followed the driver to a house where he opened fire on the vehicle, killing the driver's wife, Veronica Soto. Trevino claims the victim's husband pulled a gun on him first, so he went home, got his rifle and returned to the scene where he saw his brother charging the victim's husband.
Trevino alleges he opened fire on the vehicle to protect his brother.
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights 37 min ago
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes 12 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit 51 min ago
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Man charged in July murder of woman dumped in ditch