Driver crashes into NW Harris County house after being shot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County Sheriff's deputies are searching for two men who staged a violent robbery which ended in gunfire and one man's car driving through a fence and into a home. And it all started because of a pair of shoes.
"It's just like pow, pow, pow -- like that," said neighbor Rodeliea Camarillo. "A lot of gunshots."
Rodeliea was making her morning coffee when she heard the rapid gunfire and then a crash. She came outside to find a black Infiniti with its wheels still spinning and smoke rising.
"I'm a nurse," she explained. "So my tendency was to look into the car and see what's going on and see if somebody needed help. But the gas was smelling so bad and it scared me that it was going to blow my house."
Harris County homicide investigators say around 10:30am Friday, two friends were headed home in that Infiniti, after buying several pairs of Air Jordans at Willowbrook Mall. But it appears they were being followed. When they pulled up to the driver's house, a suspect demanded the shoes at gunpoint.
"This is just the times," said neighbor Joe Camarillo. "The world is changing, unfortunately, and it can happen anywhere."
Deputies say the frightened driver ran off and hid in nearby bushes. His passenger left in the car, jumped behind the wheel to drive away, but was shot. Soon after, he crashed into the side of the Camarillos' home. "Fortunately, the gas didn't explode," Joe said. "My wife's very lucky."
The victim was taken to Houston Northwest Hospital with life threatening injuries. The driver was not hurt.
The only description investigators have at this time is two black male suspects driving a green four-door car. Anyone with information as to their whereabouts should call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
local, sonia azad
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case 50 min ago
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 16 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 10 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez 51 min ago
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old 59 min ago
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 40 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 8 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
25 min ago