Chase ends with crash, arrests in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two suspects were arrested Saturday after leading Texas Department of Public Safety troopers on a chase in southwest Houston.
The chase began around 8am near the Astrodome. According to officials, the driver of a Chrysler sedan was spotted committing a traffic violation and then refused to stop for a DPS trooper.
The pursuit went down the westbound South Loop feeder road before entering a neighborhood where the car crashed near Spellman at Cliffwood.
The driver and a passenger bailed and escaped on foot, but officials say both were caught and arrested within an hour in the same neighborhood.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse