Chase ends with crash, arrests in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two suspects were arrested Saturday after leading Texas Department of Public Safety troopers on a chase in southwest Houston.
The chase began around 8am near the Astrodome. According to officials, the driver of a Chrysler sedan was spotted committing a traffic violation and then refused to stop for a DPS trooper.
The pursuit went down the westbound South Loop feeder road before entering a neighborhood where the car crashed near Spellman at Cliffwood.
The driver and a passenger bailed and escaped on foot, but officials say both were caught and arrested within an hour in the same neighborhood.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 2 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 10 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 8 min ago
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash