Friendswood woman charged with deadly conduct after alleged drunken rampage
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A Friendswood woman is accused of deadly conduct after allegedly trying to run over her husband with a vehicle.
It happened just before 3pm Thursday in the 1100 block of Eagle Lakes Drive.
Michelle Lee O'Donnell, 40, is charged with deadly conduct-family violence.
According to police, O'Donnell drove over a curb and into her yard that afternoon. She then drove directly toward her husband as he was standing behind his truck in the driveway, placing him in danger of serious bodily injury, officials said.
She reportedly slammed into the back of his truck, but he was able to get out of the way. We're told she also got her vehicle stuck in the grass and then backed out into the street before she drove away. She was allegedly intoxicated at the time, officials said.
When officers arrived, they used the suspect's husband's cell phone to track her current location and a warrant was filed in Galveston County.
Police were called back to the residence around 8am Friday and found O'Donnell leaving the area. Officers stopped her vehicle as it entered League City on F.M. 518 and O'Donnell was taken into custody.
Investigators said they found an open bottle of vodka in the vehicle and an open flask of vodka in her purse.
- Two dead in NW Houston nursing home shooting 16 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire 30 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire