HPD: Suspect slipped out of handcuffs, escaped
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect was back in custody Saturday after Houston police say he escaped while still in handcuffs.
Officers were out searching on the ground and in the air for an 18-year-old suspect they said ran away while he was being taken to jail Saturday.
According to police, the suspect somehow slipped out of the handcuffs and threw them in the trash.
An hour and a half later, officers found the man and re-arrested him.
His charges have not been released.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck