HPD: Suspect slipped out of handcuffs, escaped
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect was back in custody Saturday after Houston police say he escaped while still in handcuffs.
Officers were out searching on the ground and in the air for an 18-year-old suspect they said ran away while he was being taken to jail Saturday.
According to police, the suspect somehow slipped out of the handcuffs and threw them in the trash.
An hour and a half later, officers found the man and re-arrested him.
His charges have not been released.
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties 23 min ago
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota! 29 min ago
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Getting sued for having too many children?
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos