Driver dies in rollover accident on East Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver is dead after a rollover accident on Interstate 10 in east Harris County early this morning.
Houston police say at around 5:30 the victim was driving a black Chevrolet TrailBlazer eastbound on the East Freeway when he failed to stay in his lane and lost control of his vehicle. The TrailBlazer went off the roadway, into a grassy median and rolled over several times.
The 25-year-old male driver died at the scene. His identity is pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident. Houston police say they are still investigating.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail