METRO to offer free rides New Year's Eve
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you're making your New Year's Eve plans right now, you should know METRO will give you a ride home for free.
METRO buses and the rail will be free between 6pm on New Year's Eve and 6am on New Year's Day. The rail operates until 2am, but the bus lines will follow regular schedules. METRO officials say they want to make sure everyone gets home safe and revelers who've had too much to drink should hop on a bus or the rail instead of getting behind the wheel.
On New Year's Day, local bus routes and METRORail will operate a Sunday schedule. There will be no Park and Ride service that day and both the Customer Care Center and RideStore and Lost and Found will also be closed.
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 1 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town 17 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!