'Childish' burglars rip off day care center in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The search is on for a group of burglars who ripped off a day care and you won't believe their childish behavior which was caught on video.
It was around midnight Christmas morning at Starting Point Children's Center in Cy-Fair and surveillance cameras were rolling when burglars showed up at a side door.
"I think this is just one of the three or four that actually broke in," said day care owner Greg Holden.
He says after one of the crooks shattered the glass door, another shut off the power to the building, then the group came in and grabbed expensive electronics.
"Stole six TVs, three large screen and three with the gaming consoles and in turn they stole gaming consoles and games and all the other accessories kids play with," Holden told Eyewitness News.
The security video shows the suspects as they go back and forth inside the day care, then the camera captured one of the suspected burglars actually taking time to ride one of the day care tricycles.
"It's a total lack of respect. Unfortunately I think this is the mentality these days," Holden said.
Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators are searching for the bold group of thieves and now Holden has a belated Christmas wish.
"Perhaps this time next year they will be spending Christmas in jail where they belong," he said.
The day care has been hit before by burglars and the owner says he added more security after that incident, and now will add even more.
If you have any information in this case, you are urged to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
local, samica knight
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 54 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 16 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter 55 min ago
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- Mutton bustin' champ had second thoughts
47 min ago