'Childish' burglars rip off day care center in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The search is on for a group of burglars who ripped off a day care and you won't believe their childish behavior which was caught on video.
It was around midnight Christmas morning at Starting Point Children's Center in Cy-Fair and surveillance cameras were rolling when burglars showed up at a side door.
"I think this is just one of the three or four that actually broke in," said day care owner Greg Holden.
He says after one of the crooks shattered the glass door, another shut off the power to the building, then the group came in and grabbed expensive electronics.
"Stole six TVs, three large screen and three with the gaming consoles and in turn they stole gaming consoles and games and all the other accessories kids play with," Holden told Eyewitness News.
The security video shows the suspects as they go back and forth inside the day care, then the camera captured one of the suspected burglars actually taking time to ride one of the day care tricycles.
"It's a total lack of respect. Unfortunately I think this is the mentality these days," Holden said.
Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators are searching for the bold group of thieves and now Holden has a belated Christmas wish.
"Perhaps this time next year they will be spending Christmas in jail where they belong," he said.
The day care has been hit before by burglars and the owner says he added more security after that incident, and now will add even more.
If you have any information in this case, you are urged to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
local, samica knight
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home