'Childish' burglars rip off day care center in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The search is on for a group of burglars who ripped off a day care and you won't believe their childish behavior which was caught on video.
It was around midnight Christmas morning at Starting Point Children's Center in Cy-Fair and surveillance cameras were rolling when burglars showed up at a side door.
"I think this is just one of the three or four that actually broke in," said day care owner Greg Holden.
He says after one of the crooks shattered the glass door, another shut off the power to the building, then the group came in and grabbed expensive electronics.
"Stole six TVs, three large screen and three with the gaming consoles and in turn they stole gaming consoles and games and all the other accessories kids play with," Holden told Eyewitness News.
The security video shows the suspects as they go back and forth inside the day care, then the camera captured one of the suspected burglars actually taking time to ride one of the day care tricycles.
"It's a total lack of respect. Unfortunately I think this is the mentality these days," Holden said.
Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators are searching for the bold group of thieves and now Holden has a belated Christmas wish.
"Perhaps this time next year they will be spending Christmas in jail where they belong," he said.
The day care has been hit before by burglars and the owner says he added more security after that incident, and now will add even more.
If you have any information in this case, you are urged to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
local, samica knight
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 27 min ago
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase 40 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket 14 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 10 min ago
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston 26 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 45 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products