Six third-time DWI offenders arrested over Christmas holiday weekend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are putting out a warning just before New Year's Eve -- drive drunk and you'll end up in jail.
Harris County deputies say they arrested 21 suspected drunk drivers during the Christmas holiday weekend alone. Six of them were third time offenders. Deputies say David Saul, 59, Roberto Ventura, 29, Rolando Salazar, 45, Michael Wingard, 36, Deshawn Diggs, 25, and Arthur Cabral, 48, were all charged with DWI for the third time.
Authorities plan to be out in full force this weekend and through New Year's Day, especially at high-risk locations known for alcohol-related crashes.
"We want the residents of Harris County to celebrate the holidays and enjoy the company of family and friends, but not if that means behaving in a way that will bring harm to themselves, their loved ones or innocent strangers on the roadways," said Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia.
Remember, METRORail and METRO buses will be free starting at 6pm on New Year's Eve until 6am on New Year's Day (METRORail stops operation at 2am).
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 200lb generator stolen from man's driveway 20 min ago
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak 22 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year 53 min ago