Six third-time DWI offenders arrested over Christmas holiday weekend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are putting out a warning just before New Year's Eve -- drive drunk and you'll end up in jail.
Harris County deputies say they arrested 21 suspected drunk drivers during the Christmas holiday weekend alone. Six of them were third time offenders. Deputies say David Saul, 59, Roberto Ventura, 29, Rolando Salazar, 45, Michael Wingard, 36, Deshawn Diggs, 25, and Arthur Cabral, 48, were all charged with DWI for the third time.
Authorities plan to be out in full force this weekend and through New Year's Day, especially at high-risk locations known for alcohol-related crashes.
"We want the residents of Harris County to celebrate the holidays and enjoy the company of family and friends, but not if that means behaving in a way that will bring harm to themselves, their loved ones or innocent strangers on the roadways," said Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia.
Remember, METRORail and METRO buses will be free starting at 6pm on New Year's Eve until 6am on New Year's Day (METRORail stops operation at 2am).
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 6 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 16 min ago
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced 42 min ago
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling 35 min ago
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters 16 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations