Attempted robbery suspect shot in NE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are investigating a shooting that reportedly started as an attempted robbery at a convenience store in northeast Houston.
The incident happened at a King Foodmart on Homestead near Firnat. From SkyEye 13 HD, a lot of police officers could be seen at the scene, who've cordoned off the area with crime scene tape.
A police spokesperson says a suspect tried to rob the store and an employee inside shot him in the chest. The suspect was rushed to Ben Taub General Hospital and is in surgery.
Detectives are at the scene, still trying to gather more details.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program