Not so fat cat? Tiny Tim has lost weight this year living at Southside Place vet
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fat cat named Tiny Tim is still chubby, but he's dropped several pounds over the past year.
Tiny Tim is living at the Southside Place Animal Hospital. He was found abandoned around Christmas last year and weighed 35 pounds. Over the past year, vets have had Tiny Tim on a diet. He was doing OK and dropping weight, then he plateaued.
Vets found out he had been raiding dog food at night.
"And as they picked it up, kibbles came falling out of the bottom of the bag. He was very sneaky. He had chewed a hole in the back of a bag of dog food was eating kibble at night. He would leave not a crumb or kibble laying on the floor in the morning," said Dr. Jessica Reyna with Southside Place Animal Hospital.
Tiny Tim is now 28 pounds. Vets hope to get him down to about 14 to 15 pounds.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 1 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 37 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers 19 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident