MCSO: Family trip ends with deadly shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is in custody, accused of killing his wife in their upscale Lake Conroe neighborhood home, in the April Sound subdivision in Montgomery County.
Investigators say Thomas Quinlan, 58, is a prominent Montgomery County businessman. He's now accused of murdering his wife at their home in the exclusive April Sound subdivision in Lake Conroe.
Lt. Dan Norris with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office said, "When the deputies arrived, they found that one person had been shot several times in the upper torso, and also the head."
Investigators found Quinlan's 56-year-old wife Donna dead in a room at their home in the gated community Sunday night. Detectives say the couple had just returned home from a family trip and apparently got into a huge fight.
"We believe at this time that there was an argument between the two," Lt. Norris said. "What the argument is about, of course, the investigators are still continuing to look at, interview people and they'll try to make a decision into exactly what happened prior to the shooting."
Investigators say they do know the couple wasn't home alone when Quinlan allegedly shot and killed his wife.
"There were the children that were home, however they did not witness the actual shooting incident," Lt. Norris said.
We've learned Thomas Quinlan is an owner and founder of Inkjet, Incorporated. It's a Willis, Texas based manufacturer of inks and parts for printers. No one from that company was available to comment on Quinlan's arrest and the murder charges he's now facing.
Quinlan had a court appearance Monday morning. A judge has set his bond at $500,000.
local, demond fernandez
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 19 min ago
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 38 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 47 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle