No injuries reported in Conroe apartment fire
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A fire struck an apartment complex in Conroe overnight, but all residents were able to escape safely.
The Conroe Fire Department says at around 4:45 this morning, emergency responders arrived at the Stone Ridge Apartments at 231 North Freeway to find heavy fire coming from the attic of the building. Police assisted with evacuating the building, while firefighters battled the blaze and extinguished the flames.
Firefighters say they limited the damage to the attic and one downstairs apartment.
Seven of the eight apartments were occupied and all residents emerged unscathed. They were relocated to vacant units within the complex.
Conroe's Fire Marshal's Office is investigating the cause of the fire.
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston 34 min ago
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston 56 min ago
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
- Speed may be to blame for fatal accident
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Want to buy pot, legally? Head to Uruguay
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos