HPD: Man robs three different people, shoots one of his victims
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police want to find the suspect who robbed three different people and ended up shooting one of his victims.
The suspect went on a mission in the Museum District and ended up shooting a man on La Branch near Wichita. It all went down around 9:30 last night. According to Houston police, the suspect was waiting at an apartment complex when he robbed a man and a woman who live here at gunpoint in their driveway, then tried to do the same to somebody else.
The robber shot the man at least once in the torso before running off. That man is now in intensive care...
"I think it was just a random act where he saw an opportunity to rob several people as they were in transit, coming and going from their residence," said Ken Nealy, HPD robbery investigator.
Investigators wouldn't say what the man took from those people. They are still searching for him.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 15 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns 2 min ago
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 4 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers 14 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market