Third teen facing capital murder charges in botched robbery of Air Jordan shoes
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A third teenager is now facing charges in the attempted robbery of new Air Jordan shoes last month which resulted in a shooting death.
Anthony Quinn Wade, 19, is charged with capital murder. Detectives say on December 21 the victim, Joshua Wood, and another man went to Willowbrook Mall to buy several pairs of the latest Air Jordan sneakers. While driving back to a residence in the 1700 block of Plumwood Drive at around 10:30am, a vehicle pulled in front of their car and an armed suspect got out and demanded the shoes.
Deputies say the driver took off running on foot, with the suspect shooting after him, leaving Wood in the car. As the driver was knocking on a neighbor's door looking for help, he heard another set of shots. According to investigators, those shots were fired at Wood in the car by the second suspect.
Wood, who was trying to get behind the wheel of the car to escape, drove away wounded. He crashed in between two houses and hit a gas line. He was taken to Houston Northwest Hospital where he died last week. The driver was not hurt.
On December 28, Neal Bland, 18, and Kegan Arrington, 19, were charged with capital murder in Wood's death. Arrington had already been behind bars on an unrelated charge, and Bland was arrested that day.
The Air Jordan shoes are sold for around $185.
Arrington faced a judge on Wednesday for his arraignment. Prosecutors say Arrington has admitted he was at the scene, but claims he wasn't the shooter.
Wade and Bland are also due in court this week.
- Helping those left homeless by fire 29 min ago
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts 59 min ago
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs 15 min ago
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe 18 min ago
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own 20 min ago
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos