Woman hit in apparent drive-by shooting on Houston's south side
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is in the hospital after she was hit twice in a drive-by shooting last night on Houston's south side.
According to Houston police, Toraneshia Wooten, 21, was walking from her relative's home in the 3700 block of Amos to her boyfriend's apartment near Bacon at Tierwester at around 8:15pm Tuesday.
Wooten told police a tan Buick pulled up next to her and someone inside started shooting. She was hit twice, once in the shoulder and once in the back. The driver then took off. Wooten was able to make it to her boyfriend's apartment and he called 911.
Police say they have no idea if Wooten was shot randomly or if she was specifically targeted.
"Check on them, be concerned. Nobody knows who did it and nobody knows where the bullets were hitting, so come check on them. Stray bullets don't have no heart," said nearby resident John Tousant.
Wooten was rushed to Ben Taub Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. She is expected to be OK.
Investigators say they have no suspects or motives at this time.
If you have any information about this case, you're being asked to contact police. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward.
- Severe weather possible this morning 17 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 24 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 6 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 2 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 31 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 37 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
16 min ago