FBI: 'Bundled-up' bank robber braves cold to rob Amegy Bank in Memorial area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man claiming to have a bomb robbed the Amegy Bank on Frostwood Drive in the Memorial City area.
The FBI says shortly before 10am Wednesday, the suspect walked in, handed the teller a note that demanded money and said he had a bomb. The teller gave him an unknown amount of cash and he fled the area. No injuries were reported during the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 40-50 years old, 5 foot 10, 145 pounds with a medium build. He wore a leather jacket, camouflage/hunter type shirt, jeans, a skull cap pulled down tightly over his ears and light-colored eyeglasses.
Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber, or any felony suspect. If you have information about this crime, please call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Droid and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'