At least one dead in multi-vehicle wreck in west Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One person was killed Wednesday afternoon in an accident involving multiple vehicles in west Houston.
The accident happened around 4:34pm on Highway 6 South at Piping Rock, which is just north of Westheimer.
SkyEye HD was over the scene, and it appeared at least seven cars were involved in the wreck. One vehicle was overturned, while another two appeared to have collided head on.
One person was killed, and multiple injuries have been reported.
Traffic on that stretch of the highway has come to a standstill, as crews shut down both directions of the highway to tend to the scene.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Droid and Blackberry devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home