Boy, 16, accidentally shot in groin by dad while hunting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Waller County officials say a 16-year-old boy was accidentally shot by his father during a hunting trip.
The incident happened between 6 and 7pm Wednesday in northeast Waller County. Waller County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Craig Davis says a father and son were hunting deer on their property along Haas Road. The two were apparently at opposite ends of the property when the father saw something moving in a semi-wooded area, thought it was a deer and took a shot.
Davis says the son was shot in the upper leg/groin area.
The boy was transported via LifeFlight to Memorial Hermann. He was conscious and alert.
Officials say the shooting appears to be an accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Droid and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive