Boy, 16, accidentally shot in groin by dad while hunting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Waller County officials say a 16-year-old boy was accidentally shot by his father during a hunting trip.
The incident happened between 6 and 7pm Wednesday in northeast Waller County. Waller County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Craig Davis says a father and son were hunting deer on their property along Haas Road. The two were apparently at opposite ends of the property when the father saw something moving in a semi-wooded area, thought it was a deer and took a shot.
Davis says the son was shot in the upper leg/groin area.
The boy was transported via LifeFlight to Memorial Hermann. He was conscious and alert.
Officials say the shooting appears to be an accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Droid and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today