Woman killed in apparent single-vehicle wreck on 59
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police officer on patrol stumbled upon a dead woman in the middle of the Southwest Freeway this morning.
A patrol officer was simply driving down the freeway around 3am when he saw a vehicle flipped over and a woman ejected. The woman, said to be in her 30s, apparently died on impact.
The outbound lanes of the freeway were shut down at the West Loop for more than two hours while police investigated. They were reopened at around 5:10am.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue