Woman killed in apparent single-vehicle wreck on 59
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police officer on patrol stumbled upon a dead woman in the middle of the Southwest Freeway this morning.
A patrol officer was simply driving down the freeway around 3am when he saw a vehicle flipped over and a woman ejected. The woman, said to be in her 30s, apparently died on impact.
The outbound lanes of the freeway were shut down at the West Loop for more than two hours while police investigated. They were reopened at around 5:10am.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor 57 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 22 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 56 min ago
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested 39 min ago
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 17 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap 56 min ago
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 35 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church