Woman killed in apparent single-vehicle wreck on 59
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police officer on patrol stumbled upon a dead woman in the middle of the Southwest Freeway this morning.
A patrol officer was simply driving down the freeway around 3am when he saw a vehicle flipped over and a woman ejected. The woman, said to be in her 30s, apparently died on impact.
The outbound lanes of the freeway were shut down at the West Loop for more than two hours while police investigated. They were reopened at around 5:10am.
Check real-time traffic information in our ABC13.com traffic section
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 7 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in 56 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: ABC News coverage of Mandela's death 17 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Can you say this tongue twister?