Cold and rainy around here; snow out west
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A cold rain is starting to fall across southeast Texas tonight and it will continue into Friday and Saturday.
A thin layer of subfreezing temps about 5000' above the ground could allow some raindrops to freeze as they fall through the atmosphere late tonight and early Friday morning. While the sight of these ice pellets might be exciting, there will not be enough sleet to cause travel problems. Air temperatures will stay several degrees above freezing so road will NOT become icy in southeast Texas.
Different story farther west. Up to 10" of snow could fall in far west Texas. Some light snow could accumulate as far east as the Hill Country. But that rain/snow line will stay well north and west of the Houston area.
The rain will still be moving through on Saturday and it could be wet for tailgating ahead of Saturday's Texans game. Temperatures will still be cool, only hitting the low 50s by kickoff.
local, tim heller
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Teacher finds bag, returns more than $20K
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy 37 min ago
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos