Woman charged in deadly west Houston wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One person was killed Wednesday afternoon in an accident involving multiple vehicles in west Houston, and a woman is facing charges.
The accident happened shortly before 4:50pm on Highway 6 South at Piping Rock, which is just north of Westheimer. Police say Mytreka Neshell Ealem, 31, was driving a maroon Ford Expedition southbound on Highway 6 when she crossed the center divider and struck a black Ford Escape traveling northbound. The Expedition then struck a white Hyundai Santa Fe, whose driver then lost control of the vehicle and was struck by two additional northbound vehicles.
Two backseat passengers in the Hyundai were ejected from the vehicle. Both were taken to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital where one died and the other remained in serious condition. The identity of the male victim, 42, has not been released.
According to police, their investigation determined Ealem was under the influence of illegal narcotics. She was arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter.
Take ABC13 with you
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos