Woman charged in deadly west Houston wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One person was killed Wednesday afternoon in an accident involving multiple vehicles in west Houston, and a woman is facing charges.
The accident happened shortly before 4:50pm on Highway 6 South at Piping Rock, which is just north of Westheimer. Police say Mytreka Neshell Ealem, 31, was driving a maroon Ford Expedition southbound on Highway 6 when she crossed the center divider and struck a black Ford Escape traveling northbound. The Expedition then struck a white Hyundai Santa Fe, whose driver then lost control of the vehicle and was struck by two additional northbound vehicles.
Two backseat passengers in the Hyundai were ejected from the vehicle. Both were taken to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital where one died and the other remained in serious condition. The identity of the male victim, 42, has not been released.
According to police, their investigation determined Ealem was under the influence of illegal narcotics. She was arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter.
Take ABC13 with you
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5 47 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders 44 min ago
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case 36 min ago
- U.S. Senate panel approves immigration bill 31 min ago
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos