Strange lights in the sky over Cleveland and Houston being 'investigated'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lights in the sky aren't really unusual around the New Year. But some Cleveland residents say they saw something more than your typical firework display.
On December 30, Lauren Harris was on Highway 59 in Cleveland, when a brightly cylinder hovering in the sky caused her to pull over.
"It was acting really strange. The lights were pulsating on it and it would disappear and reappear in the same spot, over the woods," Harris told Eyewitness News. "I think it was a UFO."
The nursing student says she tried to document the encounter.
"I tried to take a picture of it and it was gone," said Harris.
But never expected to be taken seriously. To her surprise, Fletcher Gray from the Mutual UFO Network, or MUFON, is investigating.
"I have verified over 345 cases," said Gray.
He looks into reports of extra-terrestrial vehicles, alien encounters and aircraft modeled after alien vehicles, not acknowledged by the government.
"This was verified by two independent witnesses. This is a UFO we don't know or if it's one of our own. This lady had a transplant; she was abducted," Gray said, showing off different photos. "These ET's or extra terrestrials, they are moving from one star system to the next."
Gray believes a Cleveland police officer saw the same thing Harris did and is trying to obtain dash cam video. He's also looking into a reported sighting in Houston.
His message to UFO observers? Don't be afraid to speak up.
"They can always contact MUFON and report their sightings as long as they're credible," said Gray.
Cleveland's police chief told Eyewitness News that he is unaware of any sightings or dash cam video within the department. Gray says that is very common in his line of work and that it won't stop his investigation.
If you saw any of those unexplained lights, share your photos with us by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you want to visit MUFON's website, click here.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
cleveland, local, katie mccall
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston