Family shows surveillance video of drive-by shooting at their NE Houston home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A family is now in fear of their lives after two gunmen opened fire at their home, and they're hoping someone who sees their surveillance video can help them find justice.
The drive-by shooting happened New Year's Day in a northeast Houston neighborhood.
The family has surveillance video of people shooting at their house, but say police haven't done enough to arrest them.
"It just makes me feel so angry, so insecure. I cannot live in my own house," said Dalila Carrasco.
She and her family are prisoners in their own home.
"I heard pops. I thought they were fireworks, but then we realized they were gunshots," Carrasco told Eyewitness News.
Late New Years night, two men jumped out of a pickup in front of their house, fired several shots, then drove away. Bullets punctured the back of one of their cars and the front door.
"I panicked. What if the gunshot would've gone through and hit one of my kids? We were all in the living room, Carrasco said.
Cameras they set up in their front yard last year caught the whole thing.
"As soon as I saw the video and the truck, I knew immediately who it was," said Carrasco.
She says she told police she believes she knows who is behind the drive-by shooting. But she says officers aren't doing enough to investigate.
"The police are not doing anything about it. Somebody has to get hurt before they can actually help us," she said.
For now the couple and their five children live in fear all day and night.
"Because they might come back and shoot again," said their 11-year-old son.
Until they can find peace once again.
A spokesperson for the Houston Police Department told us they are waiting for Carrasco to provide her surveillance video on a disc to detectives. Once they have that, they say they'll follow up on this case as an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge, which is a felony. Anyone with information on the suspects is asked to call police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, sonia azad
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 4 min ago
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure 59 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 53 min ago
- Cops: 2 OD on heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
33 min ago