Investigators look for possible sexual assault victims of car dealer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County sheriff's investigators are looking for more possible victims of a car dealer accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl.
Investigators spoke Friday about the arrest of local car dealer Riku Melartin. Melartin and his assistant, George Koutani, are accused of fondling a 16-year-old girl who works for Mulartin at his dealership, John Keating Chevrolet.
Melartin is also accused of raping the girl on his own.
""I think it's important that the word gets out to the public that if there are any other incidences involving these two people, that we certainly want to encourage them to call the police and let us know," said Sgt. Ron Hunter with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Melartin and Koutani are both charged with indecency with a child. Melartin faces an additional charge of sex assault of a child under 17.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 28 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 31 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County 53 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack