Investigators look for possible sexual assault victims of car dealer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County sheriff's investigators are looking for more possible victims of a car dealer accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl.
Investigators spoke Friday about the arrest of local car dealer Riku Melartin. Melartin and his assistant, George Koutani, are accused of fondling a 16-year-old girl who works for Mulartin at his dealership, John Keating Chevrolet.
Melartin is also accused of raping the girl on his own.
""I think it's important that the word gets out to the public that if there are any other incidences involving these two people, that we certainly want to encourage them to call the police and let us know," said Sgt. Ron Hunter with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Melartin and Koutani are both charged with indecency with a child. Melartin faces an additional charge of sex assault of a child under 17.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- U.S. Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos