Missing Santa Fe-area woman found safe
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- The search for a missing Santa Fe-area woman who was missing all weekend has ended. The 21-year-old was located safe last night.
According to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office, Ashley Collard was found walking in the 11000 block of 32nd Street around 11:40pm. Investigators say she appeared to be uninjured, but was taken to a local hospital to be examined further.
According to family members, Collard grabbed her 6-month-old Shih Tzu puppy and left her home Friday afternoon after becoming angry about something. They were very concerned about her well-being because they say she has the mental capacity of an 8-year-old and she didn't have any of her medications.
Investigators say the puppy was with Collard when they found her.
At this point, we don't know where she was all weekend. We'll continue to gather details and post them as we get them.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 12 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe? 24 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 13 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies 48 min ago
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Houston rodeo therapeutic experience for some
5 min ago