Missing Santa Fe-area woman found safe
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- The search for a missing Santa Fe-area woman who was missing all weekend has ended. The 21-year-old was located safe last night.
According to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office, Ashley Collard was found walking in the 11000 block of 32nd Street around 11:40pm. Investigators say she appeared to be uninjured, but was taken to a local hospital to be examined further.
According to family members, Collard grabbed her 6-month-old Shih Tzu puppy and left her home Friday afternoon after becoming angry about something. They were very concerned about her well-being because they say she has the mental capacity of an 8-year-old and she didn't have any of her medications.
Investigators say the puppy was with Collard when they found her.
At this point, we don't know where she was all weekend. We'll continue to gather details and post them as we get them.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 52 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 50 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry 1 min ago
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students 8 min ago
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake