Sheriff Adrian Garcia sworn in for second term
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County's sheriff is officially beginning his second term.
Sheriff Adrian Garcia was sworn into office Sunday.
Garcia was first elected to a four-year term as sheriff in 2008 and was re-elected back in November.
He thanked his family members for their support and his employees for their dedication.
"Many are putting themselves in harm's way for strangers as we speak," he said. "And in my opinion, there are no greater public servants than my employees, and I salute each and every one of them."
Garcia says the sheriff's office had eased jail overcrowding and solved a number of cold cases during since he's been in office.
Eyewitness News anchor Melanie Lawson emceed the ceremony.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- House party ends with one dead, 3 others injured 44 min ago
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep 19 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos